“Bonchon” means “my hometown” and is an homage to the company’s roots in Busan, South Korea. Bonchon is famous around the world for its signature fried chicken, which is twice-fried and hand glazed with one of two secret sauces. Despite Bonchon’s growing presence around the world, the name ensures we never lose sight of our roots.
By bringing “my hometown” to the world, we strive for every Bonchon dining experience to be synonymous with quality, service, and fresh and delicious food.
Jinduk Seo opened the first Bonchon in 2002 in the coastal city of Busan, South Korea. Our name has since travelled far and wide, beginning in South Korea and rising to the level of global phenomenon in the Philippines, Singapore, Indonesia, South Korea and the United States. Following success in the American market, Bonchon carved its way back to Asia for further expansion while continuing rapid growth in the U.S. We take pride in Bonchon’s global brand identity and are passionate about opportunities for future partnerships.
Unique Menu Offering
Bonchon harmonizes the Korean fried chicken experience together with a delectable selection of Asian fusion cuisine. Bonchon’s main product, fried chicken, is cooked to order using a unique double frying method perfected by our founder Jinduk Seo. Since many customers have cited a frequent craving for our chicken, our customers have dubbed it “Addictive”. Our main menu consists of a variety of Korean dishes such as Bibimbap, Japchae and Tteokbokki, in addition to Asian fusion dishes such as Tako Caesar Salad and Takoyaki. We also have an American-inspired line featuring Bonchon bulgogi sliders, chicken burgers, and garlic fries.
Flexible restaurant options:
- Sports bar restaurants offer a full bar and televisions for broadcasting games.
- Traditional sit-down restaurants provide a friendly, casual dining experience perfect for gathering with family or friends.
- Quick service restaurants are ideal for customers looking for express-style dining.
Hands on Support
Bonchon Cambodia franchisees benefit through training programs, including initial training at our flagship headquarters in Phnom Penh and an intensive on-site training during the restaurant opening. Additionally, franchisees receive ongoing support for restaurant operations, quality assurance, public relations and marketing.
The Bonchon brand extends throughout the United States and Asia, where each country’s operation caters to the local market. Despite the different market strategies, we work hard to ensure the uniformity and quality when it comes to our chicken: all our sauces are made at the same factory in South Korea. As a result, every customer experiences the same authentic taste around the globe, no matter where they are.
COST & CRITERIA
We are looking for candidates who are:
- Enthusiastic to start their own Bonchon establishment
- Dedicated to operational excellence
- Pursuant to high quality service and sales performance
- Capable of meeting our financial requirements:
- Minimum Liquid Assets of $250,000
- Minimum Net Worth of $500,000
The Initial Franchise Fee to open a Bonchon Cambodia store is $25,000, and the initial investment varies from $150,000 to $300,000 depending on numerous factors, such as restaurant location, size and construction to name a few.
STEPS TO OWNERSHIP
A. Before Signing
- Submit application Once your application is received, you will receive more information about franchising with Bonchon Cambodia.
- Initial interview with franchise consultant. Once your application is reviewed by our team, you will be contacted directly by one of our franchise consultants to schedule an initial call or in-person meeting.
- Submit verifiable financial information. You will be required to submit a copy of latest six (6) months of bank statements and your business or personal financial statement.
- Sign Letter of Intent and Non-Disclosure Agreement and submit deposit. We will send you a copy of the Franchise Agreement, containing detailed information on franchising with us. During this stage, we strongly recommend you to thoroughly review all documents with a legal attorney.
- Sign the Franchise Agreement, pay the Franchise Fee and get started! Our team will work closely with you to develop the design, construction, training and opening of your very own Bonchon restaurant.
B. After Signing
- What are the terms of the franchise agreement? The franchise fee is a payment of $25,000. The ongoing monthly royalty fee is 5% of your Gross Revenue, plus there is also an advertising fee of 1%. The length of the contract term is 5 years with renewal options.
- What does the franchise fee cover? The franchise fee covers initial training, on-site training, usage of the Bonchon logo, signage and branding, site and layout assistance, site approval, interior design package, a cooking manual and operations manual for Bonchon Cambodia.
- What does initial training involve? Training will take place at the Phnom Penh headquarters and flagship store and onsite at your Bonchon restaurant. Training will be conducted by a designated supervisor and key staff. You will be responsible for lodging, travel, and all other personal expenses.
- Does Bonchon Cambodia offer financing? Although we do not offer any financial assistance, we will help plan a development budget to successfully open your Bonchon restaurant.
- What are the site requirements? For a full-service dine-in restaurant, we recommend a space of 125 square meters up to 250 square meters.
- Will Bonchon Cambodia assist in site selection? We will provide you with a site criteria checklist which you will base your site selection on, and introduce you to real estate partner- ships if assistance is required. After you have a list of acceptable spaces, we will accompany you to perform a physical site review for approval.
- What if I don’t have restaurant experience? Restaurant experience is an advantage but not a requirement. You will have the opportunity to gain restaurant knowledge and develop operational management skills through our training programs.
- What is the franchising process like and how long will it take to open a store? Please submit your application to learn more on how to become a franchisee. The length of time required to open a store is dependent upon many different factors, such as construction and training.
- How much will I make? Upon signing the Letter of Intent and Non-Disclosure Agreement, we will provide a list of our current franchisees and/or company-owned restaurants with some financial performance representations. You are encouraged to use these as resources to do your own research to determine the potential performance of your restaurant.
- Who will build my restaurant? You will be responsible for the construction of your restaurant. However, we will assist you throughout the construction process with layouts and designs.
- How do I acquire equipment and inventory items? We will provide you with a list of equipment and inventory items and specifications. You may choose your own vendors, but their products and service must meet our specifications and pass our approval. A few items you must purchase directly from us – we will provide you with a separate list of these items.
- What kind of support does Bonchon Cambodia offer for a store opening? We will send one of our supervisors to provide you with on-site training during the initial opening period of your restaurant. The supervisor will assist with restaurant set up and preparations, and help get the restaurant running and fully operational.
- Do you have a quality assurance program? We will conduct scheduled and random quality assurance checks by sending our supervisors to your restaurants. They will observe your operations and then submit a report to headquarters. We will use this report to provide you with feedback and make recommendations on any additional training if necessary.
- What proprietary items am I required to purchase from Bonchon? You are required to purchase Bonchon sauce, packaging materials, uniforms and cooking tools from us.
- Do you provide territorial protection? Territorial protection is offered to Area Development franchisees only, where there is exclusive rights to a certain territory. We do not specifically define territories, but consider every site on a case-by-case basis.
For more information on Bonchon Franchising, you may download our Bonchon Franchise Kit or email: [email protected].